April 6, 2011

Turning a Lamp Into an Urn





I had this lamp for sale in my booth for a long time and it just would not sell.


You see it had cracks all over and through the graphics


Someone gave this to me.  Now, it was not my style anyway, but I appreciate that some people might like it, only I guess they didn't!


I decided to take it apart and see if I could do anything with it.  I had seen a long time ago where someone had made a vase from a lamp
(If it was you, I would love to link you up)


I used putty in the cracks then painted and glazed it and found a finial from my lamp parts box....How lucky was that, it fit!


I went to Graphic Fairy and made a water slide decal 


For the time being I am going to put it on my mantel


So, the next time someone gives you a lamp
And
You think it's ugly
And
It has cracks in it
And
It won't sell
Well, 
Now you know what to do with it!! LOL

Happy Creating!
Carol

20 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hey Carol,
It looks great now and I think you should keep it right there on your mantel....well, for a little while anyway. I know how we are! LOL!

I've got an old lamp base that I might just fix up as an urn. Great idea.

hugs
Sissie

Sheilagh said...

You are so clever:)

laxsupermom said...

Wow! What a terrific makeover! It looks fantastic on your mantel! Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

red.neck chic said...

Oh my gosh Carol - THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!

;-D robelyn

Dawn said...

Much better now, I think you should try and sell it and report if the $ was worth it.

Lisalulu said...

that was a great lesson!!! (like the lemons to lemon-aid)

La said...

What an improvement! Nice work, Carol!

Debbi said...

love it Carol! You are so resourceful. I am always amazed:)

Debbiedoos said...

You are just so clever Carol! What a great makeover!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

AWESOME!!!
It looks perfect on your mantle! DO you ever slowdown?!!
Warmly,
deb

Unknown said...

Oh, Carol, this is awesome! Great idea ...

Have a lovely eve ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

NEW GIVEAWAY ends 4/10

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Carol! Great transformation! It is a really pretty piece now.
Hugs,
Sherry
ps: No luck on selling our house yet. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

I ditto the post from Garage Sale Gal...do you ever slow down? Good job Carol! ~Stacy~

Shabbyprimdelights said...

Hi Carol...thanx for laughing at my burnt roses...hehe. Its not me I swear...its my oven...(hubby reckons its me too)lol I am glad though that you came to look at them though burnt as they are...maybe the next batch will be better (fingers crossed anyways )Love the urn ...you are one clever lady.
Have a great week,
Michelle

crazy for chocolate said...

AWESOME!!!!! And to think, I have turned away some pretty ugly stuff. Never again!!!!

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Carol you never cease to amaze me. Beautiful re-do!

Hugs,
jacalyn

Debbie said...

That is wonderful, Carol! I would want to keep it to myself for a while too.

I will remember this the next time I see a lamp with potential.

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty transformation, and it is beautiful on your mantel.

Unknown said...

WOW! That is wonderful. And soooo clever. Thanks for the tip. I'll remember this one, I love it.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Carol,
You truly amaze me with the ideas you continue to come up with!! Such a wonderful idea!!

Hugs,
Debbie